Several of you noticed last week that we inadvertently changed the session timeout from 3 hours to 15 minutes. Following feedback, that timeout period was extended to 1 hour.
The recommendation to reduce the timeout came from our Information Security team.
We are focused on protecting your data and logging you out after a period of inactivity is one of the tools we use. We are trying to find the balance between security and the user experience, so that you can complete your work without being frequently logged out of the application. Ultimately, we will err on the side of security.
While the current timeout has been reduced from 3 hours to 1 hour, we do anticipate reducing this further in the future, possibly to 30 minutes or 15 minutes. We will work with you to determine what that limit should be and communicate clearly ahead of any changes to production.
Supervisor summary email
In order to assist our customers in achieving high completion rates for their campaigns, we implemented the capability for supervisors to receive summary emails that notified them if any of their employees had outstanding action items. This allows management to assist with completions by personally reaching out to their employees and providing the necessary encouragement.
While many customers found this useful, we received feedback that you did not want your supervisors to receive an email each time an employee was sent an email. You asked for the ability to select which emails supervisors should receive a notification for.
This release sees the implementation of a new feature that now allows you to select the emails that you would like to be included in supervisor summary email.
You can make different selections for different campaigns.
- If you are already using this functionality, the default setting will be that all emails are selected. This ensures that the current process is maintained. You will need to go into each campaign and make changes as you see fit.
- If you plan to turn this functionality on for the first time, the default behavior is that none of the checkboxes will be selected. You will need to actively go into each campaign and make the appropriate selections.
We have not made any changes to the email itself. The email will contain the following information:
- Employee Name
- Employee email address
- Campaign name
- Campaign due date
- # of Action Items outstanding for that campaign.
The supervisor will only receive an email if at least one of their employees was sent a notification or reminder email that day and the ‘Include in Supervisor Summary email’ checkbox is selected for that specific email.
The email will be sorted by employee and will contain a record for each relevant action item.
If there is no email address on file for the employee, they will still be included in the supervisor email, even though they did not receive the notification/reminder email.
Please note, this will only be available for customers that provide an HR file with the supervisor ID field populated.
- If a supervisor does not exist for the given participants, the functionality is not supported.
- If a non-supervisor user is created through the application instead of a data load, the employee will not show on any supervisor report when they have action items.
This feature may be configured from the Organization Management screen (Edit details) by enabling “Allow supervisor to receive summary email of incomplete campaign items”
New Navigation for Administrators
Notice anything new in the screen shot below? That’s right – we’ve been hard at work on a new navigation experience!
The new navigation is built with mobile in mind and is an important stepping to stone to optimizing the application for mobile use. Further, it is built upon the feedback we have received from you. It will contain links to the most important pages of the application and will provide a much-improved experience. You will be able to navigate quickly and not have to take a detour to other pages simply to get to where you want to go.
We plan to roll this out sometime in the Spring, and will follow up in the Summer with a new navigation experience for participants and moderators.
The screen shots are from our testing environment and do not represent the final options or order of items.
Stay tuned! We will be providing more details in the coming weeks ahead of the production release.
Resolved Application Issues
In addition to features listed above, we have addressed several issues in various applications across the platform. Highlights include:
- In the recent activity for Disclosure Manager, you can now distinguish between when messages are created, and notes are created.
- Added clarifying text when sending ad-hoc campaign reminder emails.
- SSO users can not be redirected to a defined URL on logout.
New Community Product Knowledge Articles
We’ve recently added/updated the following articles in the Convercent Community: